What Kind of Nose Surgery Should I Get? (photo)

I have what seems to be a short-nose, the bridge at the top is small and curves inwards and the tip points up which shows too much nostril. I also think the tip is quite bulbous and lacks definition. I basically want my nose extending so its more masculine and I want it to be more defined, especially at the tip. What kind of procedure do you suggest and how successful could I expect it to be? Do you think a rhinoplasty would improve my appearance? Also would you recommend a chin implant as well?

Options to lengthen a short nose

+1

Short noses are very difficult to make long but there are some subtle things that can be done to lengthen a short nose.  A small graft of cartilage placed along the dorsum can rotate the nose downward.  A small removal of caudal septum and membranous septum will decrease the columellar show.  This will create a cantilever effect and drop the tip down a couple of millimeters.  A chin implant could help with the facial balance and would make the nose look less projecting and create better facial balance and harmony.  The chin implant as a standalone procedure can be done under a local anesthesia through a submental incision.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your posted photos I am very impressed by your accurate assessment of your current condition. The bridge is short, the tip is rotated upward and the chin is retruded. Correction of this will require a chin implant, graft or implant to the bridge and possibly a collumelar strut. You will need to pick the desired cartilage grafts and/or implants in terms of shape, size and material (goretex, silicone, medpor).

This online question answer format cannot be used as the sole means of information for you to choose between all the available options.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

What Kind of Nose Surgery Should I Get?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the chin is very weak making the lower face appear unbalanced.  The nose has an over-rotated (upwards) nasal tip with flared nostrils.  A chin Implant as well as a Columellar tuck and weir incisions to reduce the nostril flare would be the main focus aesthetically during Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your nose is over-projected and that partially make your nose look shorter than it is. The dorsum has to be reduced to correct that. Cartilage graft will further increase the length. The tip needs to be refine with cartilage reduction and sutures. Chin implant will improve your profile.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

What type of nose

+1

you need your nose to be derogated and lengthened along with tip refinement. A chin implant would also enhance the result. These are routine maneuvers for an experienced rhionoplasty surgeon.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Goals of My Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with your analysis except, with the pictures you ubmitted,  I cannot tell if the bridge is small. Cartilage grafts will be necessary to lengthen your nose and augment the bridge if that is necessary. The tip can be refined and a chin implant would make a significant difference. A view of your profile would be helpful.

Change look with Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation

+1

TIP  can be sharpened

NOSTRIL visibility can be reduced with septal cartilage graft

BRIDGE seems OK

RHINOPLASTY  will definatly improve the look

CHIN augmentation will add on musculanity

India Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.