What kind of nose do I have and is it too big for my face? (Photo)

Is nose too big for face?

+2
Only u can answer this. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and  discuss your goals with him to determine if u wii be satisfied. 

+2
I think you have a lovely  nose which fits your face just fine. There are supposed to be 100 characters in my answer so I'll repeat that your nose look cute and it fits your face.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
The decision to perform a rhinoplasty is a personal one, and only you can make that decision. Computer imaging  can help in the education process of what your new nose might look like on her face. 
To reduce a large nose, the dorsal hump is shaved down and the nose projection is decreased. 

Nose

+1
If you are asking the question and submitting photos you are obviously unhappy with the appearance of your nose and would like it to look better on your face.  To become fully informed as to what changes might be made that you would like find a specialist that will take your photos and then alter them digitally with your input till you see changes to your nose on your face that you like then ask the surgeon how he will accomplish it.  That way you will be fully informed and finally see on your face what you are looking for and the surgeon will know exactly what you want going into the operating room and if he is experienced he should be able to accomplish it.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

What kind of nose do I have and is it too big for my face?

+1
     The decision for rhinoplasty is personal, and you have to decide what you would like changed, if anything.

Is my nose too big for my face

+1
You have a very nice nose and the answer to your question is best made by you.  There are certain measurements that plastic surgeons use to determine optimal sizes and distances but the most important thing is what you think.
With that being said, the width of your nose could be narrowed and your nose could be straightened on the side profile.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in person to make these determinations.

Gil Kryger, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

+1
Dear Gabimorgann,

Your question is an interesting one because depending on who you see you will hear different answers. It is true that there are aesthetic norms, angles, and sizes but much of it is in a range because it depends on your face, your height, etc

The real question is whether you feel your nose is too big. If you feel your nose is projecting a little too much and is a little too wide, these are all things that we routinely take care of. Seeing someone who specializes in rhinoplasty and who will work with you on doing computer imaging is a great way for you to see what is possible and whether you want to pursue rhinoplasty.

All the best
Peyman Solieman, MD

Peyman Solieman, MD