What Kind of Movements or Daily Activities Should Be Avoided Post Diastasis Recti Surgery?

Hi there! I had diastasis recti during my last pregnancy, surgical repair done for me during the cesarean section before 3weeks, I still have pain my surgeon said it will take 3 months for complete repair, I wonder what are the movements that I should avoid during this period. Worthmentioning that i am 38 y.o , 154cm hight and 53 kg weight, have two kids both cesarean deliveries. I was doing regular work out even during pregnancy. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Activity restriction after diastasis recti repair

+1

You should avoid any activity that could jeopardize healing of the diastasis recti repair.  This means any sort of "sit-up" type motion and any lifting over 10 lbs.  I have my patients follow this routine for the first 6 weeks after surgery.  At that point they may GRADUALLY begin lifting heavier objects, making sure they have no abdominal pain when they do so.  After 3 months patients may GRADUALLY resume abdominal exercises.  I know that it seems like a lot to ask, but the time will go quickly, and you will be very glad that you have a solid repair and don't to have it done over again.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon