What Kind of Lift Do I Need with my Breast Revision?

My implants are HP saline under the muscle done in 2005, a revision from my over the muscle saline implants from 2000. I am looking for more lower pole fullness. What lift is recommended? I am weary of vertical scars due to my tendency to hyperpigment. Thank you!

Breast implants capsulectomy implant revision breast lift mastopexy

+2

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your breast implants. Without a thorough physical examination this is slightly difficult to exactly determine what breast lift you need.  Based on your pictures, I would imagine you would need a peri areolar lift. You may also want to consider changing your breast implants and having a breast capsulectomy. Often breast capsulectomy is covered by your insurance. Good luck on your breast implants revision.

Web reference: http://www.breastcapsulectomy.com

+1

Vertically elongated breasts can be corrected with a breast lift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations, breast augmentation revisions, and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-and-lift-photo-galleries.php

Revision breast surgery

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that you have both breast ptosis (sagging), as well as possible capsular contracture. You will likely need a breast lift in order to obtain a better contour and better aesthetic to your breasts. Breast lift (maxopexy) will require additional incisions, so you need to be prepared for that.

Web reference: http://drkevinbrenner.com/blog/why-accolate-may-help-treat-capsular-contracture/424074

Breast lift over implants

+1

If you are looking to have a more "perky" look to your breasts while maintaining a natural, "soft" appearance, I would recommend that you proceed with a vertical breast lift procedure (scar would be around your areola and down in a straight line from the bottom of the areola towards the crease under your breast) to lift your breast tissue over and onto the center of your implants.  It is common to be concerned about the scarring, but the vertical limb scar (the one that runs down the center of the breast) typically heals very well and fades nicely over time.  In my practice, the patients who are in your situation ultimately are happy to trade the scar (especially when it fades - usually by one year after surgery) for the more natural, yet "youthful" appearance of their breasts.  If you try to do the lift with just a peri-areolar incision you will likely end up with your areola being stretched out in an unnatural way.  Talk with your surgeon about the vertical mastopexy and then get information on ways to maximize your wound healing - including vitamin C, high protein diet and scar creams you can apply to the healing scar.  

Annapolis Plastic Surgeon

The best lift?

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. Your photos demonstrate breasts that have fallen off the breast implant. The implant seems to be in a good position and it is the breast tissue that needs a lift. Scarring is always a concern and you to need to carefully evaluate whether the benefits of restoring the breast tom its normal position versus the scarring is worth it. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Breast lift for psuedo-ptosis correction

+1

I'm guessing that you dislike the sagging lower pole of your breasts, but are otherwise happy with your augmentation. I would recommend a standard vertical mastopexy with reduction of the lower pole tissues of each breast. This would leave a vertical scar on each breast, and a scar around the areola. Your areola are in good position, and don't need to be 'moved', but the skin should be tailored around each areola for the best possible result. 

Web reference: http://www.seattlebreastimplantsurgeon.com

+1

The problem here is that your implants are in the right location but your breasts have fallen and are now too low relative to your implant. You are going to need a lift to get the tissue back where it belongs. Most likely your scar will be either vertical or an inverted T. This should give you a nice, perky look.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon