What Kind of Laser Liposuction/laser Lipolysis Should I Consider So That my Face Looks Fatless and Not So Round?

I'm 29, male, 5'6", 157-158 pounds. My face looks very round and I feel there's cheek fat and double chin. I guess this fat is kind of genetic, my mother's face is round and my father's face isn't sharp either. I'm thinking facial liposuction so that my face looks fatless and sharper. Pic 017 gives best appearance of my face, I think. My jaws are broader, which also is a reason my face looks broad (masseter hypertrophy). I'd like to know what laser lipo I should consider. Thanks in advance!

Liposuction of the face above the angle of the jaw seldom indicated.

+2

From the photographs it looks as though there might be some benefit to reduction of the buccal fat pad. This is not a suction procedure. I see no indication for liposuction of the subcutaneous fat. Other options for facial recontouring would involve a thorough workup.

Round face treatment

+2

It is hard to say from the photo but it looks like a significant portion of what you are seeing is masseter hypertrophy. IF that is the case liposuction will not give you what you are looking for and it does not matter whether or not the liposuction is laser assisted.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Face shape concerns

+1
Good morning!

looking at your photos it is difficult to tell what kind of tissue is in fact giving you the shape you wish to change.  Fatty tissue may certainly be a component, but you may also have a hypertrophic masseter muscle that can be contributing to your facial shape.

I would be sure to see a surgeon well versed in facial surgery to abe able to more accurately delineate what exactly is causing your facial shape.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

+1

An exam would be necessary to determine if liposuction alone would produce great results, but the pictures seem to indicate that liposuction of the chin and neck may benefit you. I would not recommend liposuction of the face.  Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA