What Kind of Implant is Best for Me? (Photo)

Hello! I want to go as big as possible with silicone implants, hoping to get 700+cc, reduce the gap between breasts and get nice natural shape and achieve some lift. I dont want vertical scar. I am 29 y.o. 5.9ft 120lb Chest 35" Rib cage 29,5" between nipples 9" pencil test shows my nipple above pencil. Please recommend me what kind of implant to get? How to prevent bottoming out?

Lift, no scar.

+2

Without a vertical scar, the only option for you, in my opinion is an over the muscle implant.  There are downsides to this approach in you but, with the scar restriction, it will give you the best cosmetic result.  A 700cc implant is large for you but, if done well, can give you significant lift.  A low placement of the implant would be required as well including some added support of the fold under your breast.  

You should be choosing the "best" breast surgeon, not the "best" implant.

+2

With all due respect, I know you are trying to obtain information helpful in achieving your goals, but that is obtained by selecting an experienced, ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who does lots of breast surgery. Thank you for providing photos and useful information; since your nipples are above crease level and you are requesting large implant volumes, I do believe a skilled surgeon can give you a look similar to the posted "look I want to achieve."

Your clavicle-nipple distance is longer than the "goal" photograph model's measurements, and your skin brassiere is attractive, but also not exactly the same anatomy, so implants of any size (regardless of submuscular or submammary) will not give you the same shape as your goal model's, but YOUR shape, filled up. That's not bad, since you have attractive breasts, just different!

I believe that submuscular silicone gel implants of the widest profile that matches your breast base (pocket) diameter in a volume as large as your tissues and pocket dimensions will safely allow (700s may well be possible, but also may not--that is determined at the time of surgery and sterile sizers would be appropriate to help your surgeon maximize your implant size intraoperatively).

As others have said, large(r) implants will indeed be heavier, and gravity is one of those ever-present forces, so a supportive brassiere will become your new breasts' best friend, and will help to support the tissues  over the long haul. At some time in the future, you may want the higher, perkier look that a breast lift will give you, and if your weight changes (and your breasts with that), you may also request different implant sizes. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to be as full as reasonably possible at this point in time. And I don't think you need a vertical scar!

So go for it and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation San Diego

+2

The photos and measurements you submit are helpful, but still not as useful as personal examination.  The pictures show breast involution, not sagging.  If you are willing to accept a large implant, you will get a significant breast lift from the implant alone, I believe enough that you will not need a formal breast lift.  Go with a high or full profile implant that matches your breast base width.  We use the Rite-Size method, NO revisions for dissatisfaction due to size in over ten years, described on our blog.  To prevent bottoming out, the surgeon should NOT lower your inframammary fold, and you should wear strong support for two months or so after breast augmentation.  Avoid very active sports during which you will be jumping or running for a couple of months.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast enlargement with only an implant

+1

Your picture describes a breast with sagginess, excess skin, and deflation. All of these factors point to the fact that your breast will not handle the weight of such a large implant. Soft tissue dynamics with a breast implant is complicated. What is going to determine if you will have in fact good results is the relationship of your nipple with the breast mound. If you have a degree of sagginess and the ptosis is not corrected, then, you will have a large saggy breast either immediately after surgery or soon after. You will bottom out if only an implant is placed and a lift is not done at the same time. As a matter of fact, your nipple will look lower and your implant will look higher.  All the breasts after breast surgery will settle with time and those breasts with your particular characteristics have a higher change of unnatural settling (bottoming out).

Trying to lift a breast by inflating the breast implant as much as possible is going to  compromise the results on the long-run. Your skin will stretch from the pressure of the implant and will get even looser and thinner.The best way to determine what is the appropriate implant for you is to take into consideration your current breast dimensions. Not everybody can handle a 700cc implant. Not everybody has the breast base of the same dimension as the implant’s width. Doing a breast lift with implant suspension will control the degree of the implant dropping and your results will be better and will last longer. You will need a breast lift either with a scar around the areola or a vertical incision. It is hard to determine this without a physical exam.

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Breast implant for you

+1

I think you have a clear idea of what you want. The larger the implant, the less the need for breast lift. I think that placing 700 cc implant would eliminated the need for breast lift and may give you results close to the photo you provided. You have to understand that large implants carries its own problems. Your plastic surgeon will discuss with you all your option and outcome of surgery.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

The implant size and shape that will best suit your body is dependent on several factors including your chest dimensions, nipple to infra-mammary fold distance, breast width, and quality of the breast soft-tissue.  Additionally, from your photos, it is likely that your would also benefit from a breast lift, of which there are several variants. I recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon to review your options and decide which surgical procedure(s) will afford you the best results and satisfaction.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Silicone breast implants over the muscle with internal lift will correct mild sagging.

+1

Hi.

1)  Here's a somewhat different opinion.  You do not need a breast lift with lollipop scars.  You may not need any kind of skin lift, but it's hard to be sure just from pictures.  You might get best result with implants and a "donut" lift which leaves a circular scar around the nipple.  This would bring your nipples up and a little closer together, but, as I say, it may not be necessary.

2)  I would strongly urge you not to get implants larger than 500 cc's.  Larger will make you look really fake, and very big implants age very badly and stretch out the skin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+1

All the expert posters provide you with great comments. From my review of your so kindly posted photos and the written description, I believe you may need a full or L-shaped lift because your N/A complex is at least 25 cm from the sternal notch. Either way you proceed I might suggest a 2 staged approach. The large implant first than allow healing followed by a donut lift under local. But best to be seen in person. 

Implant size

+1
I think gel implants of an appropriate size are a goo first step. In fact, if you want go as large as the photo, I would wIt to see if you need a lift later. Either way you will be happy with what you look like.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Surgery Option

+1

From your photos, it looks like you may need not only breast implants but also a breast lift.  There are different types of breast lifting and I would like to examine you and see what your "goals" are prior to making my recommendations.  If you just place large implants in without doing the breast lift, most likely you will not be happy with the results.