What Kind of Gynecomastia is This? How to Treat This? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 24 years old, 6"3' tall and 95 kg guy.I have gynecomastia since puberty.I'm dealing with this recently.I know that there are different kinds of gynecomastia but what kind of gynecomastia is mine? Fat or something different? What kind of surgery is suitable for my situation? Thanks.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Severe Gynecomastia

+1

This type of severe gynecomastia is usually composed of glandulr tissue and partially fatty tissue.

You should consult with an experienced plastic-gynecomastia surgeon to achive best results for your problem.  

Web reference: http://www.cosmetic-md.com/gynecomastia/severe-gynecomastia/

Gynecomastia

+1

Without an in office consulation is difficult to determine the exact cause of your gynecomastia. Gynecomastia is characterized by enlarged breast tissue and affects an astonishing 40 to 60% of men. Fortunately, the condition is easily reversed with liposuction just by making a small incision under the nipple. I tend to use a type of liposuction that involves ultrasound to liquefy the fat to make its removal easier. Whatever the method used, the surgeon will eventually suck out the fat and glandular tissue from around the areola and from the sides and bottom of the breasts. Because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. However, with overweight men the process is tougher because they may have sagging skin that needs to be tucked.

Gynecomastia

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say whether you have fatty tissue, glandular tissue or a combination of the two.  This will determine the best procedure that would be available to improve your condition.

Gynecomastia is male breast gland overgrowth

+1

What you describe is know as pubertal gynecomastia.  It is due to an imbalance in testoterone and estrogen during puberty.

Your enlarged breasts almost certainly contain over developed male breast tissue.  The bulk of the breast is made up of fat and breast gland.  Both elements are reduced to reduce the male breast.

This reference contains an overview of the subject:

Gynecomastia: incidence, causes and treatment.
Fnu Deepinder, Glenn D Braunstein. Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism. Sept 2011 v6 i5 p723(8).

Web reference: http://www.dkhoffmanmd.com

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

+1

You probably have a combination of Fat and Breast tissue.

Surgery will put the incision as a semicircle on the lower half of the nipple areola to remove the breast tissue , and liposuction to remove excess fat on the breast and chest to get a smooth transition.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.