What Kind of Dental Work Can I Have to Replace All of my Silver Fillings with a Natural Color?

I have a lot of cavities that were filled with silver. I brush my teeth more than anyone I know but for some reason I got a lot of cavities when I was young and instead of filing them a natural color, I now have a mouth full of silver that I am self conscious about.

Replacing silver amalgam fillings with a tooth colored material

+5

The most common way to replace silver amalgam fillings with a tooth colored material is to use composite fillings. They are tooth colored and bonded to the tooth. They are also the least expensive option. For larger fillings, porcelain onlays or crowns can be used, depending on the specifics of your case.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Natural or White options to replace dark Dental Work.

+1

If you've had a lot of silver or amalgam fillings in the past, they can leave your teeth looking dark and gray. Modern cosmettic dentistry has MANY options to help make your teeth look white and natural again.

Smaller fillings can be replaced with composite fillings. Larger ones may need a porcelain onlay (a type of partial crown) or a porcelain crown. The judgement about WHAT to put back in your teeth should be discussed with your cosmetic dentist, as other factors will determine what's best for you.

For example, if you are prone to clench your teeth, you may need porcelain onlays since they provide significantly more strength than composite fillings.

There are a lot of options, and I think you will be amazed at the beautiful results when you have it done.

Thnak you,

Dr. Scott Greenhalgh, DDS

Scott Greenhalgh, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

Unesthetic Silver Fillings

+1

You are not alone. Many people every day are having their silver / amalgam fillings replaced with composite fillings or porcelain onlays and crowns. A qualified cosmetic dentist can help you get the appearance of all your teeth that you desire.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist