What Kind of Cosmetic Surgery Do I Need? (photo)

A few years ago, I noticed that one of my eyes always looks smaller than the other. Maybe it's been like that since I was born, but I don't think so, because I feel like it's getting worse every year... Everybody tells me that it doesn't show, but I really don't feel comfortable with the idea of having asymmetrical eyes forever... Is there any surgery that can fix my eyelid. And are there any risks? Thank you. Ps: I'm 21 years old...

Right Eyelid Droops Lower than Left

+1

While you can have surgery to lift the right upper eyelid 2 mm or less, consider that these repairs are seldom perfect.  If analyzed, asymmetry can be found after almost any surgery.  1 to 2 mm of discrepancy is difficult for most people to appreciate.

Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

You appear to have some ptosis of your right upper eyelid.  This describes a condition in which the muscle/tendon that opens your eye is somewhat ineffective.  An examination by a plastic surgeon will help you confirm and understand this problem, and its solution.

Michael Kreidstein, MD

Natural eyes

+1

are what you have and despite your own thoughts, I think quite attractive as well.  I don't believe you need anything done since there is nothing wrong that I can appreciate in my opinion.  If you have appreciated marked differences, you should see a local plastic or oculoplastic surgeon and their his/her opinion.  And it wouldn't be a bad idea if you got a second opinion as well.

Curtis Wong, MD

Some issues are more obvious to specialists. You have right upper eyelid ptosis.

+1

You are absolutely correct.  The right upper eyelid appears smaller because the right upper eyelid hangs just a bit lower than the left upper eyelid.  A detailed consultation with a fellowship trained oculofacial surgeon should be able to determine the nature of your upper eyelid ptosis and the best options for surgically addressing this issue.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive surgery (ASOPRS) maintains a website with a geographic directory that can help you find someone in your area.

What Kind of Cosmetic Surgery Do I Need?

+1

Everyone has one eye bigger than the other. Just check out pictures of the beautiful people in People Magazine or other such publications. It is perfectly normal. Now if there is some anatomical problem such as lid ptosis, excess pads of fat, etc, those may be adjusted. It takes a full exam to determine that.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Surgery for eyelids

+1

I'm sorry, but from your pictures I can't tell if you have an actual eyelid asymmetry or not.  It would be helpful to have pictures from different angles and views or to see if you person.  If there is an asymmetry, there may be a surgical procedure that could help, depending on the cause.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon