What Kind of Compression Garment Do I Need?

For a tummy tuck with liposculpture what type of compression garnet would you need? where do I buy it from?

5 "Homework Assignments" that Optimize a Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

+7

Ask your surgeon about what garment they recommend for your liposuction and tummy tuck surgery.

In our practice, we measure our patients at their preoperative appointment and order their garment for them. For a tummy tuck surgery, I routinely perform liposuction of the hips and lower back.

While important, your compression garment is only part of the equation.

Here are 5 "Homework Assignments" that I feel help optimize recovery from Liposuction and Tummy Tuck procedures:

1. Nutrition and Smoking - Good nutrition for plastic surgery includes a balanced diet, plenty of protein and a multivitamin with iron. We assess our patients' diets and make other specific nutritional recommendations. For Tummy Tuck surgery, I require that patients stop smoking at least 4-6 weeks before surgery.

2. Compression garment - I use a compression garment body suit that spans from just under the breasts for a minimum of 1 week. I then recommend wearing a Spanx-type garment that is one size too small.

3. Peri-operative Touch Therapy -  In our practice, we have a peri-operative touch therapist that performs lymphatic light-touch therapy during your postoperative visits. Our therapist also educates patients on self-massage techniques for their tissues and scars.

4. Walking - I ask patients to walk every day after surgery and expect this to increase to 20 minutes a day by 1 week after surgery. Walking helps to improve circulation and breathing and shortens recovery time.

5. Home Massage - After the first week, I feel that "working the tissues" is likely the most important thing a patient can for their recovery. For liposuction of the hips and lower back, we recommend using a 6-inch foam roller for self-massage of the trunk area. Our peri-operative therapist teaches patients how to use the foam roller and how to perform scar massage.

Hope this helps
Nick Slenkovich, MD FACS

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Your surgeon should supply your compression garment since only he will know what you need.

+3

your surgeon is the one who should supply your compression garment since he or she will know exactly what you need.  sincerely,

david Hansen,md

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Your doctor will recommend the best compression garment post liposuction.

+2

There is a great variety of post liposuction garments.  We usually use the ones from HK Surgical, however we have good results from some other companies as well.  An experience and skilled liposuction surgeon will recommend the best garment for you as part of the pre and post op instructions. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Garment after liposuction surgery.

+2

Your plastic surgeon will advise you which garment will be necessary after your procedure based on the areas to be treated.

Post liposuction garment

+2

The best place to start is at your Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office.  They will advise you what type of garment you need, how long t wear it, and where to get them.  Please listen and wear it the way he wants you to.  We have found garments to be very helpful in managing swelling and helping the result.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Post Liposuction Compression Garment

+2

You don't need to shop for a post surgical compression garment. Your plastic surgeon will provide a garment for you. Please be sure to follow intsructions about how long to wear the garment

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+2

We used a wrap around compression garment for these procedures but if breasts are done a different garment will be used. Usually, these garments are provided by the surgery center and the office. Several weeks after, you may substitute the surgical garment with girdles or bicylce- type shorts.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Medical grade garment

+2

I provide my patient with their first set of garments.  They are made specifically for post-surgical patients.  i do not feel that all patients can find appropriate compression wear on their own at a department store.  Insist your surgeon provides these garments or lets you purchase them from them.  There is a difference and be prepared to wear compression for at least six weeks.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Tummy tuck & Liposuction garments

+2

After tummy tuck and liposuction, you need a garment that will give you great support yet soft and durable. I use the Marenagroup garments which are F5 certified. My patients are measured and fitted for their garment prior to surgery. I want to make sure it fits instead of trial and error. there should be no surprises.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Compression garment after lipo and tummy tuck

+2

Every surgeon recommends somthing a bit different. You should ask your doctor which one they prefer,  I usually refer my patients to Veronique or Marena for garments. They both have websites.