What Kind of Breast Surgery, Implant (Y/N) and Cup Size Do I Need to Be to Have a Tear Drop Shape? (photo)

I'm currently a 34B. I have a lot of loose skin and large areolas. I don't want large breast. I think I don't want to go over a full C but don't mind a full B if it looks nice. I would like the least amount of scars as possible without sacrificing results. My skin gets stretch marks very easily so they are very droopy. I am 32, had a baby at 16 (got up to D or DD) and don't want any more children. I have yo yo'd a lot but am maintaining my weight at 140 and I am 5'4".

What Kind of Breast Surgery Do I Need to Have a Tear Drop Shape?

+2

Hello, in reviewing your photos it is quite clear that you will require a breast lift. Please schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at you earliest convenience. At that time you will be examined and all of your questions will be answered. The surgeon will make a recommendation based on your need and desired goal. Be sure to look at the before and after photos and you will get a good idea of his or her skill set.

Breast Size and Tear Drop Shape

+2

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your needs and expectations.  Without an exam, It is difficult to answer your questions.  You may be a candidate for a small breast implant and / or a minor lift.  Best wishes to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Type of Surgery to Have Ideal Tear Drop Shape

+2

It is certainly possible to improve the shape of your breasts.  If you take a careful look at your photos you will see a couple of things.  The first is that you do have some ptosis (droop).  In your younger years your nipples were likely above the fold underneath your breasts.  Now they are below it.  Another point to notice is the loss of volume of your breasts.  They look somewhat deflated.  That is a typical change after pregnancy.

In order to achieve your desired result you will need to change the skin envelope of your breasts.  That will require some skin incisions.  When you have a consultation with you plastic surgeon he or she can show you what each type of incision can accomplish and you can decide what type of scars you are willing to tolerate.  You can also discuss implant type.  You may be a candidate for the new 'form stable' implants (gummi bear) that can offer a specific shape.

Thank you for posting the photos.  They are very helpful.  Best of luck to you.  

Al Rosenthal, MD

+1

From the information you have provided it is clear that you will need a lift along with implants.  You have some asymmetry with the right side being larger and that has to be taken into account when choosing the appropriate size implant.  What type of lift you will need cannot be determined without examining you, but it seems with a moderate size implant you will do fine with a vertical lift (Lollipop lift).  However, evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery can give you the most appropriate recommendation.  Best of luck.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

What Kind of Breast Surgery, Implant (Y/N) and Cup Size Do I Need to Be to Have a Tear Drop Shape?

+1

Skin can be removed from the breasts to tighten and lift the breasts.  A small implant can help improve fullness at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What kind of Breast Surgery

+1

You said it, you have a lot of loose skin.  Unfortunately you can't have your cake and eat it too. You will need a breast lift.  If you are a 34-B and want to be fuller you will need an implant also.  You are not a candidate for a form stable implant.  Also you can expect too probably needing another lift in a few years based on the quality of your skin.  Talk to several, or at least more than one, board certified plastic surgeons.  Your breasts can be improved, but you will need to be willing to put up with some scarring.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

You can definitely have a lift with or without implants.  The advantage to the implants is that the additional volume will give your breasts more fullness on top and more of a teardrop shape.  I recommend trying on the implant sizes in your surgeons office so that you know exactly what size and look you will have post op.  Good Luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

What you need

+1

I would suggest seeing a board-certified palstic surgeon to examine your breasts and determine what would be best for you. You probably would benefit from a lift and implants. You do not have to select a large implant if you like a smaller breast. A breast lift by itself will actually make your size smaller since the loose skin will be removed. Good luck to you.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed with Implants

+1

While the consideration of implant size and shape is an important component in your breast reshaping surgery, it is a secondary issue to your need for a breast lift. You will not get a good breast result if a lift is not part of your planned surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD