What Kind of Breast Implant Do You Think Would Work Best? (photo)

I am wanting to get a breast lift as well as implants to make my breasts a natural looking C cup. I have had two children who I breast fed. Previously to having children I was a size C and happy with that. Right now I am 23, 5'2'' and 125 lbs and a 32 B cup. I am curious about what you think would be the best "kind" of breast implant given my situation? I have seen silicone, saline and even gel type implants. I would also like to make my nipples smaller, would this be possible?

What Kind of Implant is Best?

+2

Thanks for the photo and question.  A brest lift will be good for decreasing the size of your areola and lifting your breast to a higher position. The augmentation will improve shape.  The size of implant can be selected with your surgeon, but should be wide enough to give upper chest fill and not so wide as to spill over to the side of your chest.  I like the feel of the highly cohesive gel implants better than both saline and gummy bear implants. You can have an excellent result, so choose an experienced surgeon, certified by the American board of Plastic Surgery.  Good luck!

Type of implant

+2

Based on your photo and stated goal, a small implant (either saline or silicone gel filled) could provide a nice result with a mastopexy it lift your nipple position and make your areolas smaller.  I would recommend a vertical mastopexy,  as this will give you a more projecting shape,  though an exam would be necessary to be sure.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Breast Implant Would Work Best for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on the limited information provided, it is not possible to give you precise advice. However, based on the amount of soft tissue/breast tissue you have available I think you could do well with saline or silicone gel breast implants. Breast lifting will be necessary as well.

Some general words (as well as the attached link) regarding the use of saline versus silicone breast implants may be helpful to you:
The type of implant used may Influence the final outcome  of the procedure, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.

On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
 Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants ( for patients who are undergoing breast augmentation surgery only).

Small Implant with Breast Implant

+1

Given the amount of breast tissue present and the relative ptosis of the breasts, a small breast implant will improve upper pole fullness and the breast lift will improve breast shape and tightness of the skin envelope.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Best implant is the Smallest Implant

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to raise your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, increase your upper pole fullness, increase your cleavage, change the shape of your breast and reduce the size your areola.  Through this incision, you can also place the implant.  The best implants are silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  The type of profile does not matter since the muscle compresses the implant.  The advantage of a small implant is it puts less mechanical load on your body and will not descend as fast or as far.  The best implant is the smallest implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Implant

+1

Thank you for your question.  Of course, a physical exam would be necessary to be sure, but based on your photograph I think you would do well with a breast lift (mastopexy) and implant.  The type of implant is a personal decision as each one has their own advantages and disadvantages. I generally recommend a smooth, round, cohesive gel implant.  Regardless of the implant chosen, the implant will help to improve the shape and provide fullness in the upper pole.  The lift will improve the size of the areolae and reposition the breast tissue and center it over the new implant.  Make sure you spend enough time asking questions with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Matthew H. Steele, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

What Kind of Breast Implant Do You Think Would Work Best?

+1

It is very unfair to over the internet respond to your personal likes. Only you know them. I recommend UHP silicones but that is me 

SALINE vs GEL BREAST IMPLANTS

+1

Hi Badaboom,

I would recommend a Breast Augmentation and Circumvertical Mastopexy.  This would reduce the areolar size, lift the breast and increase breast size.  You should get a nice result with saline or gel implants.  If cost is not an issue, I would recommend gel implants since they are more natural.  Good luck.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon