What are your thoughts on Kim Kardashian Cellulite Treatment?

last yr kim kardashian did a cellulite treatment called "velashape". I was wondering what medical experts like you thought about it and whether it would help on thigh cellulite.  THANK YOU!

Cellulaze is most effective

+1
Hello. As you have probably learned from your research on cellulite it has always been very difficult to treat. Certainly creams and lotions are of no use especially when looking at the cost/benefit ratio and the fact that they are in no way permanent.  Procedures like Velashape and Endermologie are non-invasive but require multiple treatments and maintenance treatments or everything returns back to the way it was. Again, for the cost not a very satisfying option. If you are not ready or convinced about Cellulaze your best bet would to be to do nothing rather than spend your time and money on procedures that often end up in frustration. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. At some point it might be worthwhile to have a consultation with someone in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to get more detailed information. I honestly think it is the best tool we have for cellulite today. Good luck. Sincerely, Dean Vistnes   

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend you learn more about Cellulaze - the FDA approved one time definitive treatment for cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze will smooth the skin

+1

Vela Shape can help diminish the look of uneven skin and to smooth it out. Cellulaze is the best procedure to treat cellulite through a minimally invasive application.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would not suggest Velashape as a treatment option. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

VelaShape for Cellulite

+1

We have offered VelaShape for a few years now and have been quite happy with the overall results. It's a combination of bipolar radiofrequency (different from Thermage), infrared light, suction, and massage. You need a series of treatments, usually 5-8, to get full results, so don't expect overnight miracles. It DOES work, though. It's FDA-approved specifically for cellulite reduction and for circumference reduction in the thighs, meaning you could have smoother and smaller thighs when you're done.

One caveat: this procedure is VERY technique-dependent! It absolutely matters that the person doing your treatments has a lot of experience with the machine. We saw improved results the longer we used the machine.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Cellulite treatments

+1

To the best of my knowledge this is a radiofrequency treatment that has had some limited success in patients (similar to thermage) but I've heard that these response rates could be as low as 20%.

I am not an advocate of these techniques but if you don't mind spendng the $, you could try it out. Personally, I don't believe in it.