Which Liposuction Procedures Work Best?

I'd like to know which lipo, lipo laser, ultrasound procedures have the best results. Which procedures actually get rid of the fat cells not only shrinking them? Which procedures are the best bang for the buck? Thank you!

SLIMLipo!

+2

Without a doubt, the best results I have had with liposuction are with the SLIMLipo system.  My patient satisfaction rate is very high and the system reliably gives smooth, uniform aspiration of fat with great skin tightening.

All liposuction procedures remove fat cells

+2

All liposuction procedures remove fat cells. Conventional tumescent, laser-assisted, radiofrequency-assisted, all involve aspirating (or sucking) out the fat. Some surgeons feel that they get better results by using one of the assisting devices but there is no consensus. The important aspect is to have an experienced liposuction surgeon that has good technique and is meticulous as well as having an artistic sense.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction

+2

I have performed liposuction with almost all the different techniques and equipment out there (except Smartlipo).  I personally find that I can get an equally good result with almost all of them.  I am not impressed witht the Smartlipo results or complications.  It is not the wand but the magician waving the wand that creates the magic.

Skill Of Surgeon Not Type Of Liposucttion Most Important For Good Result

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many different types of liposuction techniques available today however the most important factor in determining your success and the quality of your result is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon.

And is experienced plastic surgeon using the supposedly best most modern technique is unlikely to achieve as good a result as a very experienced board certified plastic surgeon using standard liposuction.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who is very experienced in liposuction and has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Superficial and deep tumescent liposuction works best.

+1

Hi.

There is no evidence for laser or ultrasound liposuction.  This is mostly marketing. But of course the most important thing is who the surgeon is. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Best liposuction choice is to choose the best surgeon

+1

BY FAR and away, the most important things in getting a great liposuction result are to:

1. choose the very best real board certified plastic surgeon (there are many non-plastic surgeons, gynecologists, dentists etc vying for your business) and...

2. be a patient with good tissue elasticity and realistic expectations.  While you can't make your elasticity better than it is please realize than no technology , laser or ultrasound both, will change that and make you shrink better than mother nature.

The technologies can't overcome choosing the wrong doctor and can't overcome poor elasticity.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

"Best" Lipo Method

+1

Over the years I have used almost all the different liposuction technologies out there. Like most Plastic surgeons, over the years  have a large number of suction tubes I thought would be "the best" and they sit in my instrument case unused as a silent testimony to this quest for "the best".

The truth is there is NO best tool - but as long as you pick a good surgeon the results are more likely to be good. Just like a good tennis player can easily beat you playing with a frying skillet, you can put a great tennis racket into the hands of a poor player and it will NOT change his game.

The best bang for your buck is to pick the best surgeon you can find.

Best lipo technique

+1

My opinion is that it is not the technique that makes a difference, but rather the surgeon.  When the fat cells are removed they are gone.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Which liposuction machine is best.

+1

The one connected to the hand of an experienced liposuction surgeon. It's NOT THE MACHINE--it's the surgeon. Excellent results can be obtained by all methods.

Liposuction results are surgeon, no technology depedant

+1

Liposuction can be reliably done using simple instrumentation and good surgical technique. There is very little evidence to suggest that ultrasound, lasers, water jets etc. offer any additional benefit to the primary liposuction patient. Results are technique dependent, not technology dependent. Any liposuction technique that uses heat (laser, ultrasound) can create additional problems with scarring beneath the skin. The problems are difficult to fix. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for your liposuction consult.

Use this link to find a plastic surgeon in your area.

https://www.abplsurg.org/ModDefault.aspx?section=PubFind

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS