I Had 3 Kids. my Breast Sag. Should I Get a Breast Lift W/ or W/o Implants?

I want to know what is more practical. How long do u keep implants in for? My bra size is 36c. I am 5'5", 145 1bs. Implant Scare me..

Breast lift vs. implants postpartum

+2

The decision on whether implants are needed depends mainly on whether women want a larger size or not.

The decision on whether a lift is necessary is based on the appearance of the breasts and on measurements a surgeon makes.

The decision on whether both are needed is a combination of above, plus lots of experience.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/breastliftprocedure.php

Augmentation vs. Augmentation with lift

+1

This is a very complex question and is hard to know based on your description. I believe that it is possible to achieve a natural appearance and regain that upper fullness most women are looking for with just an implant. In some cases is it necessary to perform a lift with implants if there is a lot of excess skin and the desired result would be impossible to achieve with just implants alone. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon about his expectations and ask to see pictures of both augmentations and augmentation with lift.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

Hard to tell without seeing you or at least photos.  The equation for droop is too much skin, not enough breast tissue.  After having kids, most women not a loss in the upper pole fullness and things settle towards the bottom.  Sometimes placing an implant can just fill the skin and this is all you need.

If the nipple is lower than the Infra Mammary Fold, (IMF), most people need a lift, and the implant if use is to supply a little upper pole fullness.

Many variable make this a challenging operation.  See an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

Breast lifts, or mastopexy, can give you a beautiful result either with or without implants. If you are happy with the volume, or cup size of your breasts, but not the shape, and would like them lifted, then you may be a good candidate for a mastopexy without implants. It is difficult to tell you 100% for sure without examining you, but I perform many lifts on patients who have been told by other physicians that they would get a sub-optimal result without implants, and they have been very happy with the results of their lift alone.

If you have too many doubts about implants, then I would recommend doing the lift without implants. You can always return at a later date for more volume with implants, if you choose to! Just be sure to find the right surgeon for you, and look at alot of before and after pictures, there are many ways to do a lift, and not all will give you the same results. Good Luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift will correct sagging while implants will provide fullness

+1

Since you note that you have sagging (common after 3 children), you will probably need a lift to have the proper shape for your breasts. If you also want to be larger, and particularly, if you want fullness in the upper aspects of your breasts, you will likely need an implant. Breast augmentation and breast lift can safely be done together, and can help restore the appearance of your breasts after pregnancy. (See my photos for an example).

If you are happy with your breast volume, you could consider a breast lift alone, but remember that a lift will not provide as much fullness in the upper breast areas as you would likely prefer. Implants (saline or silicone) are approved by the FDA, and are felt to be safe. How long will they last? Probably a long time, but at some point you will likely have to have another operation to replace them.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift versus implants

+1

If your breasts sag significantly, you will need a breast lift no matter if you do or do not choose implants. Sometimes implants alone can offer a tiny lift in patients that have minimal ptosis (sag). If you want to be larger than you are now, an implant is the only solution with or without lift.

Post Pregnancy Breast Lifts - With or Without Implants

+1

Sagging aside for a minute, if you are happy with your current breast size - all you need is a Breast Lift. On the other hand, if you would like larger breasts then you would need a Breast Lift Augmentation (Augmentation Mastopexy).

Implants should not scare you. Breast Augmentation is the most commonly done operation in the US and millions of women have and are very happy with their implants.

To read a comprehensive link on BREAST LIFT WITH OR WITHOUT AUGMENTATION, follow the link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

To Lift or Not to Lift breasts

+1

This question is not something that you choose on a whim. You will need an examination to determine what will be best for you. Implants can last a lifetime, or much shorter. 

Breast lift, implants, or both

+1

After three children the most significant change in the breast is usually volume loss, with a more flattened breast, poor projection, and an upper scoop. True ptosis of the breast, or breast droop can be related to pregnancy though more often it is not. The droop is viewed as to how far the nipple descends below the natural fold of the breast. Some will feel that their breast droops after pregnancy, though the nipple may be 'front and center' in a normal position on the breast and the problem is one of volume loss.

A breast lift is the only answer for a low pointing and dependent nipple and may be the procedure of choice. If you are afraid of breast implants you must accept though that there will still be a degree of upper scoop, unless of course you are willing to replace the volume. Most like the upper fill and roundness that an implant provides, and therefore most breast lift will combine an implant immediately, or even at a later date. Keep this in mind as you can start with a lift alone, and place an implant later if you find you need the volume to reach your goal.

Best of luck.

Breast lifts without implants

+1

About 20% of my full breast lifts are done without implants.  Photos are on RealSelf.  These patients know they will not have upper pole fullness that an implant patient will but they can always have an implant placed later if they need one.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com