Can I Have Kids After Breast Reduction?

Can I have kids after breast reduction?

Pregnancy following reduction.

+1

Thanks for your question.  A breast reduction should have no effect on becoming pregnant.  In some instances it may take a month or so to resume normal menstual cycle following the surgery itself.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and pregnancy

+1

Breast reduction surgery is unrelated to issues of fertility or pregnancy. You are probably asking one of two important questions: will I be able to breast feed after breast reduction surgery OR what will be the impact of pregnancy on the breasts. Ability to breast feed, either with or without breast reduction surgery, varies among women. As to the effect of pregnancy on breast size/shape, this would be influenced by factors including skin laxity, the amount of weight gained and the duration of the weight gain. Nursing certainly could change the shape of the breasts and the degree of ptosis. Definitely things to consider.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Pragnancy after Breast Reduction?

+1

It is safe to become pregnant anytime after breast reduction surgery. However, as you are probably aware, you run the risks of undergoing anatomic changes of the breasts  which you may be displeased with and which may require further surgery to correct. You also run the risk of not being able to breast-feed.

For these reasons, it would be in your best interest to have the breast reduction procedure after pregnancies  if possible.

Breast reduction and pregnancy

+1

There is no reason why you can not become pregnant once you have healed after undergoing a breast reduction.

Becoming pregnant after breast reduction

+1

There is no doubt that you can have chlidren after breast reduction but my guess is that you are really asking if you can lactate or nurse. You will have to wait and see but I see no reason why you should not try. Expect that you will experience some degree of ptosis (sagging) from the process.

Pregnancy after Breast Reduction

+1

There is certainly no interference with pregnancy following a reduction mammaplasty.  In fact, many women have breast fed after certain types of reductions.  The only concern is stretching out the breast envelope with the breast engorgement accompaning pregnancy.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Reduction will NOT interfere with Pregnancy

+1

Regarding - "Can I have kids after breast reduction?" Breast Reduction will NOT interfere with pregnancy. However, since Breast Reduction involves removing portions of the breast it will interfere with and may make breast feeding hard to impossible.