Kicked in the Breast by Baby 5 Days Post Op and Still Feeling Light Headed when I Stand Up and Become Active?

I got kicked in the breast last night by my 4 mo. old baby following silicone implants (behind muscle) and mastopexy, 5 days post op. It hurt really badly and still does. I have tried to be very careful but this caught me off guard. What should I be concerned about after this? Will it have a major impact on the healing process? Could there be serious damage? The other breast is feeling pretty good today.

Breast surgery with a 4 month old

+2

Assuming that you gave birth to your 4 month old, I would think that having undergone a breast procedure at this point is really rather early after delivery. I suggest calling your doctor if you are experiencing pain.

Breast kicked after augmentation

+2

Chances are you have strained something and htings are not serious, but if pain is significant and you are ligh headed you should have you surgeon take a look right away for piece of mind and to play it safe.

Kick from a 4month old will not damage a breast augmentation.

+2

As close as you are to the operation, it would be painful for even a weak kick from a baby.  If your incision is intact and the breasts are symmetrical, you have nothing to worry about.  If there is any doubt, go see your surgeon.

Increased Pain After Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+2

I would suggest that you follow with your plastic surgeon.   Only after direct examination, will your plastic surgeon be able to  determine whether you have experienced a complication ( such as hematoma).  The increased pain you have experienced  may be  signs of a problem that should be evaluated.

Kicked in the Breast by Baby

+2

If everything looks OK you have probably suffered no damage other than pain. Most or all of the sutures are skin level, so it would be obvious if there were any disruption. Bleeding would also be apparent by a sudden size increase on one side or marked increase in bruising.

Touching base with your surgeon is a good idea. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Kicked after Breast Augmentation

+2

You need to see your surgeon.  It is very important to take it easy, and have help with your children when recovering from surgery.  You might try ice bags on the chest to help relieve some of the pain, but the best option is go see your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Kicked After Augmentation

+1

Most likely you are fine. You want to make sure you don't have unusual bleeding in the breast pocket or that incisions did not pop open. The likelihood that you harmed anything is minimal. I would consult with your surgeon as soon as possible.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Trauma to breast after augmentation

+1
I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon based on the report of pain. Lightheadedness should not be associated with the trauma you describe. I also agree with Dr. Wallach that 4 months is a bit too soon after childbirth for this procedure. It is also very important to have child care plans in place for the initial postop period.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Kicked in the breast after augmentation.

+1

In this early post-operative phase, the breasts are very swollen and tender.  Any adverse contact with them will cause more pain than normal.  I would contact your surgeon about it so he or she can give evaluate you.  A change in size or shape would be concerning that the kick did injure the breast, but a four month kick is not that strong.

Robert Kratschmer, MD