Keyhole Vertical Incision Not Extended to Mammary Fold?

10 days post surgery. Augmentation with keyhole lift. Noticed sagging and a squarish shape below the nipple. The vertical incision not to mammary fold - just an inch or so below the nipple. Saw dr 3 days ago. Said he doesn't extend the cut because of healing issues. But that, after things have settled, he can remove more skin by extending the cut some. Can I get sufficient tightening and a nice shape without the cut extending to mammary fold? Won't there be an odd shape where the incision ends?

Keyhole Vertical Incision

+1

Dear Beecarp,

Without photos it is hard to provide you with a solid opinion.

Nonetheless, every surgeon has a different approach to address the goals of a given patient. It seems that your surgeon is trying to have you implants "settle" well in their pockets before the lift is finalized as he/she will "extend the incision" further towards the inframammary fold.

I encourage you to be a little more patient at this point to be able to assess the final results of your surgery.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

10 days after surgery

+1

Thanks for your question.  It is still early from your surgery and there is alot of shaping to happen.  I would not reccommend you considering revision for at least six months.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Augmentation with keyhole lift

+1

With any surgery, things are just beginning to settle in at 10 days.  If you went to an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon give things at least 3 months to get a sense of what the ultimate shape will be.  It's had to give further advice without pictures.

John Q. Cook, MD

Vertical lift

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say, but it is a bit early being that you are only ten days out from surgery.