Keyhole Mastectomy and Nipple Reduction at the Same Time?

Hi, I am a 23 year old female to male transgender who has been on testosterone injections for over a year. I would like to know, if nipple reduction (in length) can be done together with keyhole mastectomy at the same time. I just want my embarrassingly elongated and protruding nipples to be flush and as flat ad possible. My areolas are very small as well. I am within healthy weight range, low body fat and very active in sports. A doctor told me its impossible due to threat of infection

Nipple reduction at the time of mastopexy or breast reduction

+2

nipple reduction at the time of mastopexy or breast reduction

yes   this is a good idea and is done routinely

Nipple Reduction at Time of Mastopexy?

+2

Thank you for the question.  I think you may be referring to a mastopexy procedure?

As plastic surgeons  one of our major concerns with the type of operation you are considering is blood flow and the survival of tissues that are manipulated during your procedure. If an incision is used around the areola and nipple surgery is done at the same time you may be at increased risk for blood flow “problems” to the involved tissues. Sometimes, it is better to do these procedures in a staged fashion. In my practice, every patient's care is individualized.

I hope this helps.  You may also find the attached link instructive.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_inverted_nipple.htm

+2

The risk as I see it is not infection, but inadequate blood supply for the nipple to heal. Only an in person exam can determine the relative risks and benefits of doing them at the same time.

If they cannot be done simultaneously, the nipple reduction can be done later as an office procedure requiring only local anesthesia.

Thanks and best wishes.

Nipple Reduction at Time of Mastectomy

+1

Blood supply may be an issue here.  It can be done safely if the right nipple reduction procedure is paired with the mastectomy.  Hard to say without an exam and determining your expectations.

Nipple reduction at the same time as mastectomy

+1

It is certainly possible to reduce the size of the nipple during a mastectomy for trasngender surgery.