6 days post-operative of Full Mommy Makeover, my breast have rashes around incision area. Is this normal? (photos)

Rash after breast surgery

+2
Thanks for the pictures. Your rash is following a typical pattern. It looks like the pattern either dressing or some paper tapes. This should get better with time. You can ask your plastic surgeon if he/she would recommend topical Benadryl as a symptom reliever.

Redness around incisions

+2
I would be willing to bet you have a contact allergy to neosporin, polysporin, or whatever ointment you are smearing on the incisions. Stop them after 1 week.  If it itches, you canbuy Benadryl cream over the coiunter and use it ntil therash disappears.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Reaction

+2
This looks like an infection or a bad contact dermatitis to whatever you are putting on it, I would see your doc or go to an er immediately 

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Can I have a Brest Reduction if I am pregnant or a little anemic?

+2
NO! You are having a serious reaction that needs immediate medical attention. Or to be seen by your surgeon ASAP! 

Photographic appreciation is not 100% clear, but that does not appear to be normal scar healing...

+2

It's not normal for your scars to be as red and with such aspect as shown in your photos. Contact your PS as you may be experiencing an allergic reaction to some cream or ointment he/she used, or might be early signs of infection. 

The key thing to do here is to be seeing by your surgeon ASAP, so if it's something out of the ordinary (which by looking at your photos might seem as it is) you can be treated with time and avoid a more serious complication. 

Good luck with your recovery, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

6 days post-operative of Full Mommy Makeover

+1
I would see your PS as soon as possible.  You could be having an allergic reaction, some superficial infection or some minor skin loss around the nipple.  Definitely see your doctor as soon as you can get in this week.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon