Help on Keratosis Pilaris..

Hello. I am 24 years old and have had Keratosis Pilaris on my arms,legs, and face since i was about 5 yrs old. It goes from my shoulders all the way down to my wrists. It also usually forms little white head looking bumps. My question is what is the most effective treatment for this. I have been picking at these dreadful bumps for over 15 years now and it is doing damage to my skin big time. My youngest daughter is 2 1/2 yrs old and already has it on her arms and cheeks. Please help.

Keratosis Pilaris

+1

Keratosis Pilaris is a common condition that affects roughly 50% of the population. While there is no cure, it can be effectively managed. There are several over the counter products which can be used. One is ammonium lactate lotion which can be found in the pharmacy. Other products include aquaglycolic or glytone products.  What you describe sounds like it may need to be evaluated by a dermatologist. Frequently you can be given prescription strength creams containing urea or retinoids like Retin-A or Differin with good results.

Wilmington Dermatologic Surgeon