9 Wks P.O. TT W MR Muscle Spasms While Sleeping & Pain While Reaching?

I starting having muscle spasms on my left side near bb in the middle of the night. any movement, turning or even being bumped causes the spasms. Consequently, or so it seems, I now have pain reaching and lifting at times. I went to the grocery store and had pain in that side pushing a cart, lifting items of shelf and reaching for them. there is no apparent swelling and I am scheduled to see my PS next week. Any suggestions on what is going on and how to relieve it naturally?

Muscle Spasm/Pain after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you are experiencing. I find that the problem you are experiencing is not unusual after tummy tuck surgery.  I would suggest that you do your best to decrease the activities that are causing you to be uncomfortable;  in other words, rest.  Hopefully over the course of the next 1 to 2 weeks, with rest, the symptoms will improve.

Of course, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to provide you with precise and meaningful advice.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Muscle Spasms after Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds like you have an irritation in the area of your muscle repair.  My advice would be to discuss this with your surgeon.  Many of my patients find this is relieved with a two week course of muscle relaxers and rest.  Good luck.

Muscle Spasms 9 Weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1

I would just put in a call to your plastic surgeon for some muscle relaxants as many of these are sedating and you can use them before you go to bed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Muscle Spasms While Sleeping & Pain While Reaching?

+1

Natural remedies: time, stretching, massage

Unnatural: muscle relaxants such as valium or flexoril.

If this is keeping you awake at night, it is perfectly reasonable to call your surgeon before your next appointment. All the best.