Would these results for abdominal liposuction be realistic? (Photo)

Hi, I am scheduled for abdominal, flank, and back liposuction in April. I am 33 years professional old black female, 5 ft 10 in, 215lbs,no children. My weight is stable, but I have always desired a smaller abdomen. I am a well-managed type 1 diabetic (H1c 7%), cholesterol ratio 2.1, controlled BP, no complications, exercise 4 days a wk for 20 min a day, and I eat a healthy diet. I am nervous about the results. Are the results of this program realistic? Thank you.

Would these results for abdominal liposuction be realistic?

+2
   You may be able to achieve those results.  However, you will need a surgeon who will remove the 5 liter maximum to have a reasonable chance.

Abdominal liposuction

+1
At 5’10 and 215 lbs your BMI is 30 and you are in between overweight and obese. Liposuction can be performed as an outpatient removing 5 liters, which corresponds to 11 lbs. This will give you a more hourglass waist and may help you control your weight. I recommend a low fat diet and abdominal exercises to increase your abdominal tone and lose weight. Your other alterative is Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement if you are not planning future pregnancies. The mesh increases your abdominal wall strength, results in early satiety, weight loss and maintains the reduced weight.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reasonable expectations of liposuction in this patient.

+1
The provided photographs are not particularly good and without direct examination any answer would be speculative. Nevertheless, as best I can tell I don't think that the anticipated results are out of line.

Large Volume liposuction

+1
Results could definitely be close to what you are planning on, however, a large volume liposuction would have to be performed.
Since you are diabetic, you would have to discuss this with your doctor in detail.
No aesthetic outcome is worth risking your life.

Carlos Castaneda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
My over internet GUESS is NO! But you can ONLY obtain a definitive resonse by in person examinations from boarded PSs in your city/state- "Blue Grass"

Overly Optimistic Liposuction Results

+1
You are showing results that are a bit too optimistic. With liposuction you can expect a have a result that is about halfway between our ideal simulated results and what you look like now. Liposuction surgery is good idea when you can expect the least amount of acceptable result, not hoping for the ideal amount of change.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Tummy tuck

+1
These results from the simulator are far to optimistic.  

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Liposuction Can Give Contour

+1
Liposuction can give contour and shape and resize a localized pocket or large area of fat, however, if you do not continue a healthy lifestyle with proper exercise and diet, the liposuction results will not be maintained.  Also, if your skin is loose to begin, you may only get a small amount of tightening (if any) after the procedure.  Nobody can give an accurate plastic surgery simulation of the final results, anyone that does would not be the person I chose to go to.  No results can be guaranteed.  If your expectations are to be smaller in the area treated with a smaller shape and improved contour, then you will be happy if the surgery goes well.  If you have other expectations, I would reconsider having the procedure.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Realistic Expectations

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  It sounds like your weight is stable and your medical issues are well controlled.  Based on your expectations I would say that your desired result is realistic.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS