Cannot Breath Through Nose While Exercising, Whistle in Nose when Inhaling, & Sinus Pain Around Bridge Can This Be Helped?

Was born 2.5 months premature w blocked nasal passages w many suergeries in my first few yrs of life. The bridge of my nose is very wide and even wider midnose. I have always had to breath through my mouth when exercising, hear a whistling sound when i inhale and have horrible sinus pressure around my nose. Is there anything that can be done to help?

Breathing problems / deviated septum?

Thank you for your inquiry!

As an ENT and board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon. No one should suffer from nasal breathing issues and I believe that you can be helped with that. Additionally, you may be a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS