Would Revision with Extra 40-65CC in Different Profile Help Me Achieve Goal?

I had BA 2 mos ago, 235cc mentor mod, and am so disappointed with result so far. Was very conservative at my consult-didn't want to be "big", want to look "natural", etc-and quickly agreed with small size to fit my 12 BWD. I would like to be a bit bigger and also did not get the perky/proud look I want. Looking at mentor chart I think 275 or 300cc mod+ are what I should have chosen - how soon can I get a revision and would these make a noticeable difference?

Updated: I am 5'2" 105 lbs, 34a pre BA with sagging, desire to be full B or small C cup and somewhat perky.

Simultaneous lift better than larger implants

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs nor told us whether the implants were in front or behind the muscle.  The profile of the implant is irrelevant when placed retro-pectoral since the muscle compresses the implant.  Also, at size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  I recommend a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  This results in youthful, natural look and smaller implants have less complications.    

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision considerations

+1

Sorry to hear that you are considering a revision just 2 months after your surgery. It sounds to me like a higher profile implant with more volume is what you are interested in. Bring some photos in to your next consult to give your surgeon an idea about the shape and volume you are interested in. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Choosing The Implant Size To Achieve Goals with Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast augmentation surgery. As you can imagine, online consultants, without the benefit of in person examination, will not be of much specific help  to you.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation revisionary surgery ( regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile/type that will best meet your goals.   
I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Picking the Right size Breast Implant

+1

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the size choice in your recent breast augmentation. If you choose to go with a size change, it is really important that you be happy with the result.    I recommend that you  try on implant sizers without knowing the number. If you like what you see in the mirror, and your gut tells you this is right, you and your surgeon can together make sure that the implant suits your frame. A decision in the abstract may dissapoint you a second time.  I think it is difficult to predict what you will look like without an in person consultation. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Revising your Breast Implants

+1

Dear went2small, unfortunately, the biggest complaint that most women have after breast augmentation surgery is that they wished they would have chosen a bigger implant. Though your implants can safely be revised at any time, it is best to wait at least 6 months for your breast tissue to “settle down” after surgery. If after this period, you still decided on revising to a larger size, at least 100 -150 cc would be required to even notice a difference. Seeking formal consultation with an ASAPS (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) plastic surgeon will allow you to discuss your goals and desires so that he may choose the correct size and type of implant to best manage your expectations.

Dan Mills, MD

Implant revision timing

+1

Usually it is best to wait about 4 months for the breasts to soften and the swelling to go down. As for the right volume the amount you chose probably is not a significant amount of change to achieve your desired results.

+1

Like Dr. Baxter said, I think youu need to get close to 100 cc more to feel like you had a real difference. I doubt you would notice much by adding only 40 cc. It can be done whenever convenient for you. Without photos and ht/wt numbers it's impossible to give you any more accurate info.  Mod+ will look rounder if that is what you like.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

How much size change is worth second implant surgery?

+1

It is unfortunate that there is no good way to know in advance what you might be happy with long-term regarding breast implant size. You have correctly stated that base diameter is a very important issue so changing to a larger size will need to use a different implant profile most of the time. From experience we usually recommend making a change of at least 100 cc's to be worth it.

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast Augmentation Revision with Larger Implants

+1

Dear went2small,

You may pursue a revision at any time if you feel certain that you desire larger implants.

Choosing the best implant (shape, profile, size, etc.) for you depends on a number of factors including your goals, preferences, body and breast shape, and tissues.

Choosing a highly experienced surgeon who will listen and obtain a clear understanding of your specific goals and desires, as well as help you navigate you through the decision making process, is very important.

In general, a difference in breast implant size of 50 cc will only have a small impact. 

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Early revision after augmentation

+1

There is nothing wrong with an early revision as long as you are certain you wish to be fuller, and by how much. Your surgeon should have a clear idea of the right look, and let his experience choose the implant. Our guess is you will need 100cc to make a visible difference, and the profile will matter little.