Breform Or Doughnut Lift? (photo)

Hello there, I'm 24 years old and work as a glamour model. I have recently lost a big of weight and my breasts have dropped from a natural 32ff to a 32e I'm happy with the size but would like them to look more full and perky. I do however still wish to model after surgery so the less scaring the better. I have heard of breform and was wondering if it would be better then having a doughnut lift. Thank you Tina x

Breform or Benelli

+1

The Benelli lift may suffice in your case, but you may need a vertical of full breast lift to produce the type of lift you are imagining.

Donut lift tightens skin but does not lift breast

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new technique (Mini Ultimate Breast Lift) that requires only a circumareola incision.  Through this incision, your breast tissue is elevated higher on the chest wall, your cleavage is increased and your breast is reshaped to increase upper pole fullness.  The results are long lasting since the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle. This technique is by far superior to the donut lift developed in 1990 by Benelli.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breform or lift

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing photos. While it is impossible to make an absolute decision without an examination, I can give my opinions. 

The breform lift uses a molded polyester support system to lift the breasts. There are downsides to the procedure, namely that it places a foreign body in the breasts, and it is not available in the US to the best of my knowledge.

I don't think that a doughnut, or Benelli, type of lift would give you the results that you are looking for. It would likely not provide the fullness above the bra-line that you want and would flatten the central cone of the breast. Based on your photos, you would need a circumvertical, or lollypop lift at least. These scars may be objectionable to you as a model, and need to be considered.

The final decision will be based on whether you think that the trade off of the scars for an enhanced breast shape would be worth it.

Best of luck with your decision and your modeling career.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breform Or Doughnut #Lift? (photo) ANS:

+1

I think you will need the full lift. A donut will not give you enough fullness in the upper part of the breast. But then there is the scarring. So you may want to hold off on any surgery until you are done with modeling, unless airbrushing is an option if the scars are too noticeable...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breform or lift?

+1

It looks like you would need some sort of a lift and a donut mastopexy probably is not enough.  Breform is not available in the US.

Breform Or Doughnut Lift?

+1

I totally agree with Drs Rand & Gottleib. In addition you are not a candidate for the "donut lift" in my opinion but need at least an L-shaped lift. 

Breform Or Doughnut Lift

+1

Breform is a polyester sheet placed between the breast tissue and the breast skin, sometimes needing less incision than a standard lift. There are practitioners in the UK using this device, but it is not approved in the US. From my limited understanding, the minimum incision is around the areola for patients without excess skin. You would seem to have enough excess skin to require an incision along the breast fold. There are standard time proven techniques that can accomplish this without inserted foreign material that does not have long term follow up for safety.

For a standard lift, you would not have enough change with a doughnut lift, and I am not sure that even if you had a "perfect" contour result that the scars would be an acceptable tradeoff. Best advice is to consult with a plastic surgeon, look at lots of photos.

Thanks, best wishes. 

You need a full lift

+1

A Breform lift is not considered a standard of care safe procedure in the US to my knowledge. And a doughnut lift will do really nothing for you in terms of lifting or reshaping the breast.  Unfortunately, your anatomy dictates the need for a full breat lift for optimal results but the scarring may be prohibitive for you at the present time.  Best then to wait until a time in your life where the trade off of shape for scar will accomodate the proper procedure which is a full lift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS