Kenalog Shots Now my Dorsum Looks Huge. When Will it Go Down?

I'm about 6 months post open rhinoplasty. My surgeon injected kenalog at three locations in my dorsal to see if we can prevent getting a polly beak. After the injection by nose was much bigger, its getting smaller but still not as small as before the injection. How long does it take for the kenalog to dissolve and my nose to retain its shape before the injection? Did he inject too much which made it become so big?

Coticosteroid Injections After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Xmen2000,

Swelling takes time to subside: on average, it could take around 12 months for final results to be established.

As for the corticosteroid injections, they should dissolve within couple of days and their results are usually detected over the period of 7-10 days. After that, swelling is the major cause of bulkiness you may have.

Nonetheless, without photographs and physical examination it is hard to determine the cause of the bump you have on your nose bridge (Polly Beak).

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Polly Beak

+1

By definition, "Polly Beak" is supra-tip fullness.  Supra-tip fullness has several different causes (etiologies).  Therefore, speak to your surgeon about the cause of your problem and the possible treatment options that can help you.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kenalog injection and swelling

+1

It is expected for there to be some swelling following a kenalog injection. Typically this will last for up to 3 days. After this period, it is no longer the kenalog that is "causing" the swelling; however, it does take 4-6 weeks to see the positive effects of the kenalog injection. For this type of question, an exam is necessary. You should schedule a follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Kenalog shots post rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. It would be difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person or seeing photos. You need to address your concern with your plastic surgeon.

Kenalog injectoin on nose

+1

Kenalog ( Triamcenolone ) also called Kenacort works to dissolve scar tissue up to 6 weeks.Initial swelling is cause by the volume of the material that disappears in 24 hours and the trauma of the needle punctures that disappears in 48 hours.You are advised to have patience since it seems a  good dose of Kenalog has been injected.

Supra tip projection caused by the presence of cartilage in that area do not respond to this treatment.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1

That's a difficult one to answer.  Typically the result, from steroid injection, is seen in 4 to 6 weeks.  There are many causes for supra tip fullness.  Some respond to steroid injection and some do not.  An exam is necessary to determine what is going on.

Supra tip injection

+1

Depending on how much was used, about 2-3 days.  Call the surgeon if you are concerned.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon