Kenalog Injections Alone Do Not Seem to Be Helping Excessive Mucus in Saliva. Would Adding FU 5 Increase Chances of Success?

Had 2 Sculptra injections Fall 2011. Had 4 tooth bridge in March 2012. immediately developed large granulomas inside cheeks. Been on antibiotics for 9 mos. Had excisions. Have had 5 Kenalog 10 injections. Nodules are smaller but still there. Real issue is excessive mucus in saliva. Doctor who has been giving Kenalog feels FU5 is an extreme measure to take. I have been dealing with this for over a year. Desperate!

Kenalog Injections

+1

Thank you for your question. I would want to get some more opinions from the Company Sculptra, and some Board Certified Dermatologist who inject a lot of Sculptra. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

5FU + Kenalog is not extreme!

+1

Treatment of hypersalivation by local injections of Botox into the salivary glands of the head is a reliable and efficient therapy without side effects for certain otolaryngological diseases, especially if injections are performed under sonographic control. Extension of this therapeutic concept to other indications is suggested. Nevertheless having treated over 100 adverse reactions to Sculptra the combination of 5fu and Kenalog is not extreme and works well.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon