Tip Swelling After Kenalog Injection

I have an open surgeon using the rib bone to reduce my nose tip about 1.5 years ago,but my nose tip is so swollen and hard. The situation does not get better after one year's recovery. Last month, I had kenalog injection. It really worked, but after one month, I feel it began to swell again. Should I get another injection? Does this injection not work on me and cause side effect? Is the swollen caused by eating spicy food?

Kenalog injection after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

If the kenalog worked, another injection will likely help.  Typically, we start with a low dose of kenalog, but the concentration can range from 5% to 40%, so there is usually room to increase the dosage.  If you were my patent, I would try doing this and see what happens. 

Kenalog works to atrophy (shrink) the scar tissue underneath the skin and bring down the swelling this way.  I don't believe the effects of spicy foods have been studied in rhinoplasty, but it should not affect the final results.

Nima Shemirani