I have keloids. What should I do?

I have 3 keloids scars on my left shoulder and 2 more in between my shoulder blades in the back. They're in small size approx. half-inch. My biggest concern is 2 new keloids (approx. 1 1/2 inch each) that I've had when I had breast implant done last year. These 2 new keloids are under my breast. I'd love to go for consultation but I'm not sure which procedures along with prices I should expect so if you could help out. The photos of my keloids are attached here. Thank you.

Treating keloids

+2
There are lots of options for treating keloids. Best to start with intralesional kenalog/cortisone with or without liquid nitrogen. If insufficient response, then can do a 5-FU/Kenalog mixture injection. Once the keloid is flattened, any residual colour can be improved with a laser. Best to speak with your dermatologist about treating and preventing keloids. 

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How to Treat Keloids?

+2
Hi Maruko.  You are an excellent candidate for Kenalog (steroid) injections and/or pulsed dye laser treatments to improve the scars.  The goal would be to flatten them to the same level as the surrounding skin and also to remove the redness.  This is a fairly straightforward process and you are a good candidate for the procedures, so we would expect good results.  To see photos of our Los Angeles based scar patients, you can visit the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD