Painful Keloids

My Keloids Are Vey Painful, I Dont Care About How It Looks , Ijust Want the Pain to Stop, What Can I Do? 

Treating the pain of keloids - Los Angeles

+1

I treat keloids very aggressively and have found that a combination protocol works best for symptoms of pain, itching, and burning of keloids. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Painful keloid scars

+1

Keloid scars are often very painful and itchy. You did not state where these are. Nevertheless, a very common and effective treatment would be surgical removal and steroid injections that can be continued in the postoperative period. These do have a fairly high rate of recurrence so multiple modalities should be used to minimize this risk. There are other adjunctive approaches such as 5FU injections, pressure treatments and even radiation (though I can't recommend this).

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Injections of 5-FU and cortisone will reduce size and symptoms of painful keloid scars

+1

Injections of 5-FU and cortisone will reduce size and symptoms of painful keloid scars. The medication dissolve much of the fiber in the scars and soften the scars so that pain and symptoms improve.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Options for Keloid Management From Less to More

+1

The presence of a keloid is such that it will most likely continue to create the problems you are experiencing unless it is either removed or at least controlled.  Since you say it is not an aesthetic issue then injections with a mixture of steroid and 5-FU and KTP or Pulsed Dye Laser can be helpful to manage the symptoms and also lessen the size of the keloid.  I think this could be enough for you.  However, if it is an aesthetic issue then you will most likely need it removed (which should also solve the symptoms).  The problem however is that I almost insist on having TIMED postoperative radiation starting no more than 24 hours after the procedure to have a good success rate with this technique.  If you don't, your keloid could be bigger and your symptoms worse.  Hope that helps as a start.  

Samuel Lam, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon