Keloids. Is Steroid or Silicone Sheeting Recommended?

Is steroid injections better than silcone sheeting if you definitely keloid, and is it painful.What are the risks involved? There a a number of areas where i will be taking off molds and skin tags. No photos are available.

Steroid Injection and Silicone Pads for Treatment of Keloids

+1

Both Steroid Injection and Silicone Pads are used in combination for Treatment of Keloids. Their mechanisms of action for improving the appearance and softening of keloids are different, therefore using both modalities enhances the results obtained. Steroid injections, if in high doses, may lead to local loss of skin pigmentation in the areas treated, as well as indentations in the skin, from local low-grade fat atrophy. The latter may recover over time. 

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Keloid surgery or laser

+1

Keloids cannot be treated with a single modality, as they tend to recur.  In my practice, I use laser, IIT, and pressure treatment in addition to keloid surgery. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS