I Have a Keloid on the Back of my Right Ear, What's the Likelihood of One Forming on my Nose if Pierced? (photo)

I have a keloid on the back of my right ear, tattoos all over and no reaction. (Chest, hips, ankle, finger, hairline in the back, back shoulder....) I really want a small nose piercing, but i'm scared of the likelihood that i'll get one on my face! I guess my questions are what are the major risk for this on my nose, would it be treatable if seen early, and should i test my cartilage on my ear first?

I Have a Keloid on the Back of my Right Ear, What's the Likelihood of One Forming on my Nose if Pierced?

+2

A keloid on your nose is less likely than your ear. However, you obviously have a propensity to form keloids (at least on your ear) so it's impossible to say with any certainty that you won't form another. With regard to the keloid on your ear, there are several treatments (both surgical and non-surgical) to reduce or remove it. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon