Keloid/steroid Injections 10-11 Months Post Closed Rhinoplasty to Remove Dorsal Hump, Deviated Septum & Slightly Reduce Tip

10-11 months post op. i feel there is still significant swelling as my tip appears larger/rounder now than it was pre-op and immediately after removing the cast, however I am uncertain as to whether this is due to residual swelling or built up scar tissue. If this is scar tissue I am considering steroid injections. I have read that they can cause more swelling - what is the likelihood that my skin will thin/depress through this use and will they work for me? Does this look like swelling or scar?

Swelling vs Scarring At A Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Corticosteroid injections at this point will not have a noticeable effect over your nasal swelling/scarring.

Usually at a year post surgery, the swelling should have subsided and what you may be looking at is scar tissue that can only be confirmed by physical examination.

That being said, you may need a revision procedure to address the issue.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.
Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

It's past the stage for kenalog

+1

At this point kenalog wont do much It appears you need a revision if you want a smaller more refined tip. There is no simple injection which will shape it the way you want it

Rhinoplasty Recommendation

+1

I do not recommend Kenalog injections at 11 months because cicatrical scar tissue has matured and tip edema is minimal.  A revision rhinoplasty is my recommendation after 12 months (one more month).  Physical exam will confirm my suspicions.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring, Swelling 11 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 11 months after surgery, most of the swelling has resolved. There will be little change in the future. Unfortunately I think a revision will be necessary to narrow the wide tip and correct the inverted-V deformity which are seen in the frontal view. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon; my impression can be confirmed with an examination. Good Luck!