I have 2 keloid scars on my sides from a fat transfer procedure. What scar treatment do you recommend for olive skin? (photo)

They are smaller than a dime but they stick out and feel like bug bites or little bumps. I have tried all kind of silicone sheets to try and get rid of them without any success. Sometimes they itch, they're not too big but I get anxiety if i wear a crop top and they are exposed. I got the surgery in 2012 (sutures and all). I used a scar cream that was intended for pink scars. Since I have an olive skin tone, the cream had no effect on me.

Keloid scars and treatment

+1
Keloid scars from liposuction or fat grafting respond well to IIT, pulsed dye laser, and application of Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Kenalog for Fat Transfer Scars

+1
Hi Socaldiva. These types of scars are fairly common for fat transfer or liposuction.  The way to soften the bump protruding out of the area is to inject a steroid and we use Kenalog.  The procedure is fairly simple and should take care of your concern.  If the scar is still colored after this procedure, there are additional laser and topical (skincare) options.  To see pictures of LA or OC based patient before and after pictures, click on the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD