Keloid Scar is Flat Now but Still Big, Need Advice? (photo)

Hello, i would like to know if there is any cream or new treatment to reduce scars. i had a surgery, inyections of kenalog and steroids, why helped with flattening the scar, but it was still red and sensitive. I went to see a doctor in beverly hills, who treated the area with a so called "laser beam and blue light" i honestly did not see any difference. I hate summers because i always have to cover up with something. Is there any treatment out there? Cream or something less invasive? Thanks in advance

Keloid Scar Options

Hi CG.  If the keloid is still sensitive (itchy) it may indicate that it is still growing, in which case more kenalog injections would be used.  

For redness, we would use a pulsed dye laser (a vascular laser).  We are located in Orange, CA and offer free consultations.  

Keloids on the shoulders

The shoulder keloid scar may still benefit from IIT, lasers, and topical skin lightening creams.  Keloids are chronic problems and will require long term management, unfortunately.  I would seek further care of the keloid and begin topical skin lighteners such as Melarase cream.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS