Removal Options for Keloid That Grew Back After Surgery?

I have a keloid in my left upper ear. I had surgery but it grew back and it's bigger than before. I want to know what my options are. I really want to get rid of this thing.

Removal options for recurrent keloid

+1

The most successful treatment plan for recurrent keloids is another excision followed by immediate radiation therapy. This is a combination of treatment modalities and quite expensive. But I have had great results. Remember it is a team approach using the plastic surgeon and the radiation oncologist in concert. Regards.

Treatment Options for RE-Recurrent Keloid Behind the Ear

+1

Unfortunately, you have now experienced the reason why the treatment of Keloid scar is so frustrating. There is NO one way which assures permanent removal / correction of Keloid scars and when they recur they often are larger than they were before.

Your options are:
- do nothing and live with it.
- have it removed and leave a rim of Keloid tissue and follow the removal with either Radiation Therapy or frequent injections of corticosteroids AND application of continuous pressure on the healing scar to try and prevent another recurrence.

Earlobe keloid surgery

+1

This earlobe keloid can be removed with surgery and postoperative IIT will decrease risk of recurrence. 

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/39/keloid-surgery.aspx

Recurrent keloid treatment

+1

Shave excision of the keloid and then begining topical Aldara (R) within 4 to 5 days and contiuing every other day until healing occurs will often prevent the recurrence of the keloid.

Miami Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.