Removal of Keloid on Shoulder After Mole Removal?

I have a keloid scar on my left shoulder due to a mole removal about 8 years ago. It is raised but soft not hard. I'm embarrassed to wear tank tops or anything that will show the scar. Is there anything I could do about it? Anything for keloid removal? I'm Asian and I notice that my skin is prone to scarring. Please help.

Steroid Injections First

+1

My recommendation would be to inject the area with a strong dose of corticosteroid. This make take two to three treatments. At the time of the injection, the keloid could be treated with cryotherpy. This will both ease the pain of the injection and helps improve the keloid itself.

You are looking for a flattening out rather than a disappearance of the keloid.

If this fails to work either treatment with a CO2 laser or careful surgical excision may be attempted.

Creams are not that helpful. In fact, Dr. Brian Berman, a leader in this area, recently published an article showing that Aldara cream, which held great promise, was not effective.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist