Keloid on my Shoulder After Scar Removal? (photo)

Hello, I have a keloid from the first time, when an adipose tumor was removed on my right shoulder by a doc. After failed therapy measures I decided to go to a dermatologist who did scar removal 6 month ago. . He told me that he still kept the frame of the scar and only tried to sew the scar new. Now the scar is thick and red, sometimes it is very painful. Since the surgery i started with silicon pads but i think that it hasnt improved much. My scar becomes addicted to this pads.

Keloid on my Shoulder After Scar Removal?

+2

Yes you photos show a very hypertrophic scar. Have you tried Kenalog injections? That would be my next step. If you have you may need radiotherapy. 

Scar on shoulder

+1

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, scars around joint don't heel well due to joint mobility. Your scar is still 6 months post revision. I agree with the use of silicon pads. Steroid injections may help. but ultimately you will have to wait longer for the scar to stabilize. And anything after two years is likely to be permanent.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD