Is This a Keloid or Hypertrophic Scar?

I had liposuction 3 years ago resulting in obvious scars points below I can still see the actual incision line in the scar the scar never itched nor did i get any sharp pains Has not increased in size it feels soft i can move the scar tissue its not a firm hard nodule i hope that makes sense... is this keloid or hypertrophic?

Probably Neither

+1

From your description and somewhat from viewing the photograph, I would think that you have just a plain scar.

Both a hypertrophic scar and a keloid are firm and hard, not soft and mobile. While both entities are usually due to some sort of trauma ( although keloids, for unknown reasons, can erupt without any preceding trauma), a hypertrophic scar usually shows signs of regression after a few months,  flattens out and would certainly  not be hypertrophic after three years. 

A keloid ( from the Greek cheloid, meaning "crab claw") is a benign area of fibrous tissue extending beyond the original defect. It is as if the cement truck kept depositing cement into a hole until the cement overflowed the hole and hardened onto the grass. A hypertrophic scar is similar, but remains confined to the initial defect.

A plastic surgeon experienced in scar revision should be able to correct your problem with ease, especially if it is not a keloid.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Liposuction keloid or hypertrophic scars

+1

A hypertrophic scar is a scar that resembles a speed bump - raised but confined to the area of the original injury. a Keloid is an exaggerated response which flows out and over the original injury.

In your case, these are hypertrophic scars. If you are bothered by them they can be easily revised and most likely result in better appearing flatter and narrower scars.

Dr. Aldea