Keloid Healing From Ear Cartilage Piercing?

Age 17, female, 2 months since I pierced by ear cartilage and developed a keloid. Will this heal on it's own? What should I dO/

im a 17 year old female,its been 2 months since i got my ear cartilage piercd ,ive developed a small keloid ovr thr,, wil it heal soon? what treatments should i go for!! please HELP ME!!

Keloid Surgery options for the ear

+2

I treat a lot of keloids and have found them to be a proliferative disorder of wound healing.  They are unlikely to resolve on their own.  Begin treatment early with a qualified surgeon.

Keloid ear treatment

+2

Hi Jenny,

Keloids are very common in this area.  There are a variety of treatments including intralesional injections and excision of the keloid itself.  Most likely, your dermatologist will inject a medication after the excision to prevent the keloid from forming again.  It is my advice to seek help and treatment from  a board certified dermatologist. 

Khongruk (Dr. Wong) Wongkittiroch, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Ear Keloid Removal?

+1

Hi Jenny.  If the keloid is very hard, which they often are in this area, we have found that surgical removal with compression and proactive steroid injections after surgery lead to the best outcomes.  Talk to a surgeon in your area and make sure to ask about compression measures and Kenalog injections for after care.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Keloid treatment

+1

A keloid can develop at a piercing. Treatment can vary from injection with steroids, to excision and injection, to local radiation, and many more. Best to be seen in person.

Keloids and ear piercing

+1

Unfortunately some types of skin are prone to acne scarring.  I would recommend you consult a board certified dermatologist for treatment and advise against re-piercing in this area.  

Michele S. Green, MD