Keloid After Nose Implant Is it Normal? (photo)

Hi doctors I had my nose bump remove and silicon block nose implant, it's been two weeks after my nose job it's still bruising and there's blue black on my nose bridge where the doctor knock the bump off. But I notices there's a keloid on the incersion area. Isit a sign of infection ? Or is it normal? What should I do? I did it overseas. It's not easy to consult the doctor :( what's the sign of infection I should watch out for ? Thank you in advances

Infection And Not Keloid Is The Concern After Silicone Implant Rhinoplasty

+1

Keloid is not a concern here. That is a large amount of swelling and bruising for nine days after surgery. I would think more about the risks of infection knowing that you have a silicone implant underneath all that bruising. You should consult with a local plastic surgeon immediately as your far away surgeon is not going to be much help here.

Keloid or Infection 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

This is definatlely NOT a keloid. It looks like it may be an infection from the silicone implant. I would suggest you consult with your surgeon about starting antibiotics and removing the infected implant.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Keloid After Nose Implant Is it Normal?

+1

Doubtful it is a "keloid" this early. Would think cellulitis or infection at this stage. Seek immediate medical care. 

Nasal Keloid after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is extremely rare to develop keloids around the nose after surgery or trauma. Based on your photo, it appears that you have normal postoperative swelling that will very likely resolve within a few weeks to months. Follow your plastic surgeons postoperative instructions if given to you. If none we're given since you underwent surgery overseas, you may want to check with you family physician to obtain a prescription for a topical antibiotic to place just inside you nostrils. This can help to facilitate healing.

Thanks for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Keloid scar after nose implant

+1

It's very normal to still experiencing bruising and swelling after nose surgery. The incision scar inside your right nostril is red and raised. This is not keloid. It's important to follow your scar as they can take 6 to 12 months to mature. As far as infection is concerned, you should monitor for any abnormal swelling, pain, drainage, or redness. Since your operating surgeon is far away, try to find a qualified plastic surgeon close to you to help you monitor your healing. A proper healing process is critical for the optimal outcome.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Nasal keloid

+1

I do not see any evidence of a keloid or infection from your photos.  You should have some type of followup from a surgeon who can evaluate your healing personally.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon