How Do Kegel Exercizes Help with Healing from a Labiaplasty?

How many kegels are recommended during recovery from labiaplasty? What is the regime to start with? 

Kegel exercises and labiaplasty

+1

Kegel exercises will not assist with healing from a labiaplasty. Kegel exercises involve tightening the pelvic and vaginal muscles, which are inside the body. Labiaplasty is surgery on the external genitalia.

To improve your healing after labiaplasty follow your surgeon's advice and plan to have a couple of days of bed rest and ice application so that you can reduce the post operative swelling and pain. There are no exercises that will improve healing after labiaplasty, but that said, having healthy pelvic muscles is good for you, so by all means do your Kegel exercises frequently before and after your labiaplasty.

Good luck!

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and kegel exercises

+1

Kegel exercise are a good thing for vaginal tightening but will not effect labiaplasty for the better or worse.

Recovery after Labial Reduction

+1

I am not aware of any  “exercises” that help with healing after labial reduction surgery.  My usual recommendations after the surgery include bed rest  for 2 days with ice on the area during that time. Patients may resume light activity and “desk job” after 3 days but should avoid strenuous activity / sports for at least 3 weeks. Sexual intercourse may be resumed carefully after 4 weeks.  

Kegel Excersises after Labiaplasty

+1

Kegel excersises are meant to strenghthen the Vaginal musculature. A labiaplasty adresses the external appearance of the vagina. there are nmo excersises that will help the healing of a labiaplasty. The recovery after a labiaplasty is in most cases fairly short and I have even had patients return to work within one or two days of surgery. Meticulous hygiene and Ice application is key to recovery. Hope that is of help.

Johan E. Brahme, MD