Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo or Mini? (photo)

I am currently consulting plastic surgeons in the Kansas City area. I've posted some pictures as a reference. A little bit about me, I'm in shape, 6', 215 pound male. I've done EVERYTHING to try to move this lower stomach fat and it has never budged, so with my 30th B-Day coming up, I need to stop obsessing about it 20+ times a day and I am doing something about. I've tried diets, personal trainers, etc. My abs are ROCK HARD, but unseen of course. Thoughts on TT, Lipo or Mini TT. Thanks!

Full Tummy Tuck Liposuction or MiniTummy Tuck

+1

A full tummy tuck will give a much more pleasing result for your anatomy.  The minitummy tuck will only remove a portion of your problem area.  Liposuction will leave you with additional loose skin.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Very few people are helped by mini tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

You have too much loose skin for liposuction.  And although of course, most of the excess skin is below your belly button, there is some excess skin above.  You will not be happy if this is not corrected also.  So from your pictures I would suggest a full tummy tuck.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Abdominal work

+1

I think an exam in person would be key. Try to lose the weight first.. If the skin is still loose, then perhaps an excision will be necessary.

Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo or Mini?

+1

Liposuction alone would be unsatisfactory, and would likely increase the overhang in the lower abdomen.

You would do well with a tummy tuck. If the upper abdominal skin is not in excess ( I can't quite tell from the photos) it may be that a mini-TT and then lipo to the upper abdomen will do well. If your abdominal muscles are lax, a full TT would be better.

Better that trying to solve this on the internet would be a consultation with a plastic surgeon. When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Abdominoplasty

+1

Your absolute best option is to lose weight in a healthy way.  Muscle strengthening alone does not make this happen.  After weight loss, then skin will likely need to be removed, as part of perhaps a mini-abdominoplasty.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck, Lipo or Mini?

+1

Thanks for posted photo. But over the internet does not replace in person evaluations. My guess would be an extended miniTT with SMARTLIPO TRIPLEX+ Lipo to even out 

You will benefit from liposuction and a tummy tuck

+1

Based on photograph you have excess skin at the lower abdomen that needs to be excised.  Intra-operatively your surgeon can determine if your muscles require tightening as well. Liposuction alone will not give you the best results obtainable.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon