I Would Like to Know What Procedure/s I Need to Get What I'm Looking for? (photo)

I'm 40 yrs old 5'3 and weigh 128 lbs. I have 3 kids, which I breast fed, and now my breasts are droopy. Before pregnancy I had very round breast and very full at the upper poles. I was frequently asked if I'd had breast augmentation. I was a 32 D now I'm a 34D and have considered breast augmentation so that I can have the fullness/ firmness I once had but would like to stay a D cup since I am not very tall. I have included pictures. Thanks in advance for your time.

Breast lift and/or augmentation

+2

Thank you for your question and pictures.  Nothing beats an in person examination, but based on your photos it does seem that your breasts have a good shape and your nipples are in a good position.  If you are interested in regaining upper pole fullness, a breast augmentation alone will likely be sufficient.  Make sure you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

I Would Like to Know What Procedure/s I Need to Get What I'm Looking for? #plasticsurgery ANS:

+2

Like I tell my patients, it seems like its really difficult for women to have the breasts they want their whole life. If you are a full C/small D in your early 20's, then later in life and a few kids later, you will probably need a lift. And if you are an A cup early on, well then you can buy them later.....but to have the shape and size you want your whole life...is much harder to find. And in your case, you had the breasts you wanted early on (people thought you had implants!) but now....I think you will need a lift with implants to get back to that point in time!!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Operation for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals,  it seems to me ( based on viewing pictures only)  that you should do well with breast augmentation only. Again, this recommendation may change after direct examination, but your breasts appear to be in relatively good shape/position.

You will benefit from  consultation with  well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your goals clearly.

Breast implants with or without lift?

+2

I agree with the other doctor, your breasts are doing well. With better pictures and a thorough exam, we can figure out if you might need a lift as well. Implants will give you some lift but size will determine how much. 

C. Coleman Brown, MD, FACS
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Hello, i can see for your pics that you can do a lift, your have enought gland and you can have a really good results with a breast lift.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Small Implant to Fill the Envelope

+1

A small implant in the neighborhood of 175 cc to 200 cc or so may tighten the skin envelope to some extent without producing a full cup size increase.  This is dependent upon a number of factors and exam is mandatory as well as a discussion about goals and expectations.  A larger implant will tighten the envelope more, but the compromise will be that you may be a DD or larger. 

Breast issues

+1

You seem to have a significant amounf ot tissue and baseds olely on your photos look like you have some glandular ptosis inferiorly.  A lift alone may help you. If you want larger breasts, then an implant can be added.

Alternative to Implants

+1

The procedure you need is called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to raise your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, increase upper pole fullness, displace the breast tissue to increase cleavage and reshape your breast to increase projection.  This technique does not require an implant and is long lasting since the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle.  I recommend this technique to you and implants are optional.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

What Procedure/s I Need to Get What I'm Looking for

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. The photo would be more useful if both arms were at your side, because the single elevated arm changes the position of the breast, making the breasts look different and making it harder to  notice the presence or absence of ptosis (sag). 

Based upon the photos we have here, I would favor a modest sized breast augmentation to increase the upper pole fullness. Your areolar position looks satisfactory, and the incisions that would to along with a breast lift I feel will not be justified for the small amount of lift that would be accomplished.

Nothing compares in diagnostic value to an actual in person examination to help guide the decision making process. When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Would Like to Know What Procedure/s I Need to Get What I'm Looking for? (photo)

+1

If you do not want to be any larger ,a breast lift would be your best option.Alternatively a small implant ,gel or adjustable saline may give you the result you are looking for

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon