Ask a doctor

How can my lower hollow, dropped eyelid be corrected? I already done eye bags surgery. (photo)

I did eye bags surgery 3 years back. Dr removed excess fat and tissues . I was satisfied. But now my lower eyelids become volume less, hollow and dropped. How these dropped, volume less and dropped eyes can be corrected?

Doctor Answers (3)

How to treat under eye hollowing

Treatment of the under eye area is a balance between removal and augmentation. Excess can be carefully removed while hollows can be filled with a number of substances including fat injections, and fillers like juvederm. I would also suggest platelet rich plasma which also can create skin thickening and diminish the hollows.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Filler for tear trough and under eye

It is common to have a groove under the eye or "tear trough" regardless of under eye fat removal.  This is easily corrected with hyaluronic acid fillers - Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm.  It will need to be repeated once a year on average for 2-3 times before you may see less need for it.

Karen Stolman, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Hollowing after eye bags surgery

Hollowing of the lower eyelids can occur after fat removal and can be corrected with Restylane injections. Find a doctor experienced with this treatment. 

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 82 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.