Do You Recommend All the Time Go with a Bra? Does Sleeping with a Bra or Sports Bra is Healthy?

Support After Breast Lift

+2

It is always a good idea the have some breast support throughout the day unless your breasts naturally sit high and firm on your chest wall.  For anyone undergoing a lift, it is a good idea to wear a good support bra throughout the day. Some women wear one at night as well, such as a comfortable sports bra, but there is no real objective data to say how much time is necessary, etc.  So much depends on your genetics and how those tissues want to respond over time.  It is ok to go braless at times, but for the most part, I would suggest comfortable support as much as possible.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is no objective data to support using a bra for postop support.  Most surgeons do recommend using the bra to counter the effects of gravity pulling against the healing incision for some time--I like three weeks, but that is arbitrary. Using a sports bra during exercise will help counter gravity, we think.

All the best. 

Wearing a Bra All Day and Night

+1

Although most plastic surgeons recommend support for the breasts to increase longevity of breast lift, there are no well researched protocols for bra wear.

Bras?

+1

There is a lot of discussion about the pros/cons of using a bra. Generally speaking, I think the use of a bra can only be positive/supportive when women are involved in strenuous activity. I tell my patients that time and gravity are not necessarily our friends and that  a  supportive bra  may be.