Tummy Tuck and Spot to the Left of the BB is Sore and Swollen?

I had a full TT/mr done on the 24th. Had my drains removed 7 days out both drains were about 25cc. I have a spot the about 3-4 inches on the left side of my bb that is more sore then the other and more swollen. (my bf is a sono tech) and had her take a look she said it was 2.5cm X 4.5cm she thought at first it was lymph node but said no blood supply she said that it looked more solid then watery but had no idea. Any thoughts? When are you out of risk for seroma? Not sure if I should call ps...

Fluid Collection after Tummy Tuck

+1

Any concern for fluid collection should be evaluated by a plastic surgeon.  A needle can be used to aspirate this collection, if necessary.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Sore Area After Tummy Tuck

+1

I would definitely recommend calling your surgeon.  That is unlikely to be a lymph node.  It could be a collection of blood called a hematoma or a collection of fluid called a seroma.  You are definitely not out of the woods for either of these complications yet.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Swelling after Tummytuck

+1

I think you should always call your plastic surgeon if you are concerned about anything at all.  I'm sure they would be happy to check on you.  From what you are describing, you could have a small seroma or just some swelling on that side.  If it is a seroma, your body may absorb it, if it's small.  Or you may need to have it drained in the office (this is very easy, it involves using a small needle to remove the fluid - you may even be numb in that area still).  Either way, I don't think your results will be compromised - so don't worry too much!  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Sore and swollen left of BB after tummy tuck

+1

Yes, you should call your plastic surgeon and let him have a look. A small seroma is most likely. Swollen lymph nodes are not even on the list. At just over two weeks, you are still early along and your surgeon should be in charge.

Tummy Tuck and Spot to the Left of the BB is Sore and Swollen

+1

Yes you should call your plastic surgeon. This sounds like a small hematoma or seroma, and your surgeon should decide upon the appropriate management based upon examining you. Aspiration may be the likeliest suggestion.

All the best.