Do I Need a Top Up?

I had my usual botox dose for my forehead lines 2 weeks ago which was 4 injections, I have been having them for years with my doctor. This time it has worked well but one eyebrow is slightly higher than the other - not much but the whole treatment seems to have worked better on the left. He said I can come for a top up but would there not be a chance the uneveness could get worse?

Metaphisto brow after botox injections

+1

The corragator muscle is interwoven with the frontalis muscle.  The corragator muscle creates the vertical glabellar creases and this muscle is a depressor of the inner aspect of the brow so this muscle will cause an elevation of the medial brow.  If the injection is performed too high or if the  Botox spreads superiorly then the frontalis muscle can be effected and this causes the brow to drop. Conversely if the central brow is injected and no botox is used laterally then you get a metaphisto or devil's brow.

Touch up following Botox treatment

+1

It is possible to even out your eyebrows with a touch up, and this is sometimes necessary to get the desired result from a Botox treatment. I would recommend discussing all potential complications with your physician who is performing the injections. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Touch up after Botox

+1

It does sound like another strategically placed injection could even out the asymmetry and improve the affects of the Botox.  It is commonly done and is perfectly fine if done at least 2 weeks after the initial Botox injections to allow the full effect to kick in.

Botox forehead touchup

+1

It is occasionally necessary to provide some touch up with Botox or Dysport to the forehead when there is an asymmetry in this region.  I would return to the doctor who performed the procedure and I am sure that we will correct the issue without making it worse.

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Asymmetry after Botox

+1

The lifting of brows with Botox can be difficult to control, and a touchup with Botox can be in order to improve symmetry.

Fixing minor asymmetry with a Botox "touch up"

+1

While there is certainly a chance that the asymmetry may be worse, it's much more likely that a touch up will improve the symmetry.  

Botox touch up treatment

+1

Even with experienced injectors, it is possible to get some slight asymmetry after a Botox treatment.  An experienced injector should be able to improve the mild unevenness that you had after your forehead was treated.  It definitely would be worthwhile to have the touch up done.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and touch-up's

+1

Assuming you mean "touch-up" I would follow up with the provider for better assessment and educate yourself on the effects and typical duration of Botox.

Be patient and return for eyebrow correction with Botox

+1

As already recommended, wait 7-10 days and return for several units to be injected if there is residual asymmetry for eyebrow correction. it is very easy and should cost as little as 100 dollars.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox for eyebrow symmetry

+1

You should return to your doctor for assessment and treatment.  A small amount of Botox will help your forehead lines and make your eyebrows more symmetrical.

Toronto Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.