Just Tip Refinement or Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am a 21 yr old female. I want to know if I am a good candidate for a rhinopasty. I do not mind my profile, but want to make my tip less "ball like" and less wide. It is especially wide when I smile. It also does not look symmetrical to me. I do not want a pinched in tip at all. My ideal nose is something like the last picture. Thank you for your help in advance.

Type refinement

+2

From your photos, AprilMack, your nose tip would look fantastic with it narrowed and refined. Your dorsum looks good as well. Get imaged to see the degree of tip narrowing you want

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip Refinement or Full Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip can be narrowed and refined but you also have some deviation or asymmetry above the tip. You need to be examined by a rhinoplasty specialist who will explain your alternatives and establish reasonable goals.

Tip refinement can do the trick

+1

AprilMack-

You may be a candidate for tip refinement.  One interesting thing to notice is how different your tip looks from different angles and in different lighting.  To determine if you are a candidate for rhinoplasty, meet with an experienced surgeon.  S/he will examine your nose inside and out, and discuss your desires with you.  If these match with what the surgeon thinks is possible--a tip refining rhinoplasty may do the trick.

Best of luck to you!

Dr. Most

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip refinement

+1

A rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip involves narrowing  and refining the tip by a combination of  suturing techniques and cartilage removal. Occasionally spreader grafts are placed in the mid vault of the nose to get a nice transition between the bridge line and tip, and prevent upper lateral cartilage collapse. Please see the link below for examples of how we have treated the bulbous tip in our practice

Tip Refinement

+1

The nasal tip can be refined and made less bulbous.  An in-person consultation is best so that you can discuss the best way to achieve the results you seek as well as see computer morphing.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rarely is rhinoplasty just about the tip

+1

The key to rhinoplasty is to get a natural looking, balanced appearance. From the posted photos, your tip is a little wide and could use refinement. However the nose also is crooked from the front. Sometimes reducing just the tip can call more attention to other asymmetries since your eye no longer focuses on the tip. You should see a rhinoplasty expert to discuss your goals. I find that 2-D and 3-D imaging helps a lot with the discussion about how much "needs" to be done.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Just Tip Refinement or Rhinoplasty?

+1

The tip can certainly be refined and the dorsum left as it is, while creating a nice, balanced result without any sense of pinching.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA